Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2022

An Introduction

As we fast approach a society where it would be abnormal to not have technology fully integrated with our way of living, it goes without saying that the security of that integration is of utmost importance. For the first blog post, I basically want to outline my intentions with this blog as well as a few other things I would like my readers to know.

This blog is a blog dedicated to my documentation of my learning process as well as education with regards to technicalities and practicalities of Cybersecurity, in a "black-hat" perspective. Hacking, in Information Technology is one that is vastly improving with regards to the tools, techniques and methodologies. Knowing the thought process of the adversary would be extremely beneficial as the methods used 3 to 5 years ago are close to obsolete. A final point to put forth is that all the techniques and knowledge shared with this blog are to be used with discretion. I, the author, of this blog, will not be held responsible or a part of for any Illegal activities that you may decide to be affiliated with, in any way possible. This Blog archive is strictly for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. Below are a list of topics related to hacking that will be documented here:

  • Networking & Anonymity
  • Reverse Engineering
  • Binary Exploitation
  • Web Exploitation
  • Programming
  • Linux Security & Administration
  • CTF Writeups
  • Briefs on Red Team Operations

My perspective to learning hacking in a more ethical way is to study how the "Black-Hat" hackers work and how they find flaws in software, systems and networks. (Black-Hat hackers are just unethical hackers who break into systems and networks for nefarious and monetary purposes)

Why Did I Choose Hacking?

Hacking, to me, is a very dynamic subset of Information Technology. It requires knowledge of different topics within IT itself. I chose hacking because it is a profession that is firstly high in demand across corporations and companies, secondly, allows for an awareness of the importance of securing data and thirdly, a personal passion for it. Something important I need to point out is: I AM BY NO MEANS A PROFESSIONAL (just to get that out of the way). I am a Cybersecurity student using this platform to document my journey as well as teach one or two things to those interested.

My goals with regards to my learning process at the end of the road are be the following:

  • Offensive Security Malware Development
  • Blue Team Skills (Defensive Security) 
  • Kernel Hacking & Development
  • Being Proficient In Linux & Windows Administration in line with Hacking & Cybersecurity
  • Being proficient in Malware Analysis
  • Secure Software Development
  • Lastly, be an inspiration to another student to persist in their journey in Cybersecurity.

I will most probably document other things relating to security as I go along. This, however, in a nutshell, are my intentions with this blog. I appreciate all who took the time to read this, stay tuned for most in the coming days & weeks.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment